APES Humor and Quotes
The 10 Best Things about Global Warming!
10. Why pay for tattoos when melanoma's free?
9. No more pesky weeds. In fact, no more pesky plants.
8. Nile Encephalitis: not just for Egyptians anymore.
7. Furnaces convert easily into tornado shelters.
6. Helsinki: the new Riviera.
5. Middle East oil producers feel right at home— everywhere.
4. Golfers only need a putter and a sand wedge.
3. For those who can't get enough of global warming. One word: Venus.
2. Steaks, medium rare, on the hoof.
1. Three thongs and you're dressed!
To keep every cog and wheel is the first precaution of intelligent tinkering.
Freedom in a commons brings ruin to all.
No one should be able to enter a wilderness by mechanical means.
We do not inherit the earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children.
Native American Proverb
There are no passengers on Spaceship Earth. We are all crew.
Marshall McLuhan, 1964
It is horrifying that we have to fight our own government to save the environment.
We shall require a substantially new manner of thinking if mankind is to survive.
"All that is necessary for evil to triumph is for good men to do nothing."
"The ultimate test of man's conscience may be his willingness to sacrifice something today for future generations whose words of thanks will not be heard."
Gaylord Nelson former governor of Wisconsin, co-founder of Earth Day
"Let every individual and institution now think and act as a responsible trustee of Earth, seeking choices in ecology, economics and ethics that will provide a sustainable future, eliminate pollution, poverty and violence, awaken the wonder of life and foster peaceful progress in the human adventure."
John McConnell, founder of International Earth Day
"The diligent farmer plants trees, of which he himself will never see the fruit."
Try not. Do or do not, there is no try.
Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you.
Frank Lloyd Wright
Forests precede civilizations, deserts follow them. Francois-Auguste-Rene DE Chateaubriand
“Be the change you want to see in the world”
“if all insects on Earth disappeared, within 50 years all life on Earth would end. If all human beings disappeared from the Earth, within 50 years all forms of life would flourish."
Biologist Jonas Salk